Digital Voter Card 2022 : download from e Epic Card Website voterportal.eci.gov.in. The e-EPIC (electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme or Voter Card will be formally launched on January 25, marking the occasion of National Voters’ Day. The e-voter card can be downloaded till the end of the February month.
Central Election Commission said that the deadline for new voters to download their e-epic card or e-voter card has been extended to the end of February. New voters who have recently registered to vote as part of the voter list revision can be downloaded from https://voterportal.eci.gov.in, https://nvsp.in.
Digital Voter Card 2022
Those who have registered to vote before the 2021 voters’ list will be amended and their cell phone number will also be registered with the Election Commission will soon announce when they want to download the e-voter card. The Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card programme has been launched on January 25 which will allow voters to download a soft copy of their voter cards from the website of the Election Commission.
Other identity proofs like the Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license are already available in the digital format. This will be the first time that the government will issue voter identity cards in digital formats.
Voters can view and print the digital voter card on their registered mobile. The Election Commission of India (ECI) initiated the programme for the convenience of voters who need not visit service centres to collect their EPIC cards any more.
Issuance of e-voter cards: The Central Election Commission has decided to collect mobile phone numbers of all voters in the state through which e-voter cards will be issued. A special portal designed for this purpose will be available soon. OTP comes to the voter mobile. It is possible to print an e-voter card by registering on web portal.
Digital Voter Card: The digitalisation of voter-ID card will have a special significance in the upcoming polls. The Election Commission of India will formally launch the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme on January 25, the National Voter’s Day.
Epic Card Website voterportal.eci.gov.in
- e-EPIC is a non-editable secure portable document format (PDF) version of the EPIC and will have a secured QR code with image and demographics like serial number, part number, etc. E-EPIC can be downloaded on a mobile or a computer and can be digitally stored. This is in addition to physical IDs being issued for fresh registration.
- The e-EPIC initiative would be launched in two phases. In the first phase from January 25 to 31, all new voters who have applied for the voter-ID card and registered their mobile numbers in Form-6 will be able to download the e-EPIC by simply authenticating their mobile number. The mobile numbers should be unique and not be previously registered in the ECI’s electoral rolls.
- The second phase will start from February 1. It will be open for the general voters. All those who have given their mobile numbers (linked one) they can also download their e-EPIC.
- The delays, losing cards and not been able to get the voter-ID cards is an issue that won’t be there. Moreover, most of the ID cards are moving on the digital platform.
- New Voters: Only new voters who have applied between January 25 and 31 for their voter cards and have registered their mobile numbers with the Election Commission will be able to download their digital voter-IDs.
- All Voters: From February 1, all voters will be able to download their digital copies, if their phone numbers are linked with the Election Commission.
- Voters who do not have their phone numbers linked with the Commission will have to reverify their details with the EC and get their mobile number linked to avail of the download feature. Digital voter identity cards will be in PDF formats.
- New voters will also get hard copies of their voter ID cards. The digitisation is to ensure there is no delay in getting voter ID cards before election. Also, digital cards will help in case of a loss of card, migration etc.
- Digital voter ID cards can be stored on Digilocker. The digital cards will carry a secured QR code with images and demographics so that these can’t be duplicated.
- e-EPIC can be downloaded through the following online links, however, the voter-ID card would also be sent to them: Voter Helpline Mobile app (Android/iOS) https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ OR https://nvsp.in/. The digitalisation of voter-ID card will have a special significance in the upcoming polls in states.
How to download digital voter ID card
- First visit the Voter Slip portal by Log on to https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/, or https://nvsp.in/Account/Login
- If you do not have an account, then create an account through your mobile number or email ID.
- If you already have an account, then log in and click on the option of download E-EPIC.
- The download facility will be available from January 25.